Pineapple is one of my favorite tropical fruits so, when I saw this Pineapple Mojito Cocktail on Joanie Simon’s website, I knew I had to make it! Also, this may be my favorite mocktail at the moment.
This is one of those drinks that works best when the pineapple is really ripe and sweet. Its also simple and straightforward to make. If you have a stick blender, use the technique she shows you in her video. Otherwise, we tweaked the recipe a bit in case you can’t get a fresh pineapple or don’t have a stick blender. This way, you can have it anytime you’re craving a fruity drink
- 1 pineapple, cored
- 6 mint leaves (plus more for garnish)
- Juice of 6 limes (plus slices for garnish)
- 1 Quart Perrier Lime (or other lime flavored sparkling water)
- Combine the pineapple, lime and mint in a container and blend until smooth.
- Spoon a few tablespoons of the pineapple mixture into a glass, add ice and fill with sparkling lime flavored water until it reaches the top.
- Garnish with lime and mint.
If you don’t have a stick blender you certainly use a regular blender, just be sure to cut up the pineapple before you put it in. (You might need to stop the blender and push down the fruit with a wooden spoon to have it blend properly.
I highly recommend using a fresh pineapple, but if you’re really craving this fruity drink and can’t get one, you can do it with a 14 oz. can of pineapple chunks. Drain the juice and save it for another cocktail. Add the chunks to the blender and follow the rest of the recipe.
Check out these other delicious pineapple mocktails!
Happy sober sipping!